The calendar is updated every five minutes and is only an approximation of availability.
Some hosts set custom pricing for certain days on their calendar, like weekends or holidays. The rates listed are per day and do not include any cleaning fee or rates for extra people the host may have for this listing. Please refer to the listing's Description tab for more details.
We suggest that you contact the host to confirm availability and rates before submitting a reservation request.
Tegalalang Rice Terrace and Bamboo Forest Trekking
This full day trip combine some sightseeing with main interest trekking at amazing rice terrace Tegalalang, Visit at coffee plantation where you will be shown the traditional process of making coffee and also learn about the famous Luwak coffee. Have lunch overlooking the volcano and lake Batur, do a short trekking through volcanic rock, bamboo forest and also visit a very unique Balinese traditional village.
First stop of the journey will be trekking a beautiful rice terrace in Tegallalang. The emerald-green rice terraces in the river gorge north of Tegallalang village in central Bali are generally considered to offer travelers the best photo opportunity.
Heading north for another few minutes we will arrive at the coffee plantation where you will be able to sample local blends. These included the prized Kopi Luwak, or beans that have been eaten by the civet cat, not-really-digested, then pooped out, collected up, cleaned, roasted and ground for our drinking pleasure.
For those who highly curious and want to try the Luwak coffee, you will be charged IDR50,000 per cup (USD 5). It only requires one tea spoon of the finely ground beans and so for a one-time taste test.
Luwak coffee is not going to change your life, but it is a delicious and aromatic coffee. You may not believe if the coffee was made from cat poop because it smells exactly the opposite of how you would imagine.
After visiting the coffee plantation, we will drive you up to Kintamani for lunch overlooking the volcano and lake Batur. From there you have a spectacular view of lake Batur and also the view of active volcano of Mt. Batur while enjoying your lunch.
The vast rocks was formed by the cold lava of the last eruption of Mount Batur. From there you will get a closer look at Mt. Batur on your north side and Mt. Abang on the opposite side. Your guide will tell you the history of Mt. Batur and its eruption.
If you prefer to do a trekking under the shade of tree, we can also take you for a walk through the bamboo forest. This forest is the largest bamboo forest in the island where you can see different types of bamboo growing in their natural habitat. Please don't forget to bring mosquito spray as sometimes you will probably find some of them flying around inside the forest.
Final stop of this trip is visiting a unique traditional village called Penglipuran. Here we are welcome and allowed to go in to visit their traditional house compound. This village has its own unique culture and way of life. Penglipuran village is a place of interest and outstanding beauty in Bali.
Here you will have rare opportunity to explore the uniqueness of Balinese traditional compounds which is only a few still remain in the island.
Times & Schedule
- 08.00 - 09.00am Pick up your hotels
- 09.00 - 10.00am Trekking Tegalalang Rices Terraces
- 11.00 - 12.00pm Coffee Plantation
- 13.00 - 14.00pm Lunch overlooking the volcano and lake Batur
- 14.30 - 15.30pm Walk through the bamboo forest
- 16.30 - 17.00pm Visiting a unique traditional village called Penglipuran.
- 17.30 - 18.00pm Back to your hotel
Click Here Detail Prices
- Private Car
- Minibus / Bus
- English Speaking Driver
- Changing Clothes
- Sunscreen is Recommended
- Money (if you buy drink in the restaurant and Photo CD or video CD)
- Payment (cash or voucher)
- Prices have calculated in contact form accordance number of participants
- Packages Charter : is a Bali private tours without lunch and entrance fee (you need to pay by your own self)
- Full Packages : is a Bali private tours complecated include lunch,entrance fee and Performance ticket
- Private Tours is means there no other participant, just only you and your companion
- The Tour will assist by English Speaking Tours Driver
- Tour Guide can be requested, contact us if you want to request Tour Guide during the trip
- Time and Tourism site is subject to change based on your request
- Use contact form provide to send us message, asking information or make tour booking request.
What to bring
For a group of more than 6 participants, a small amount of deposit will be highly appreciated to secure your booking though we will not insist on it as you can simply complete the payment in cash after the trip. You can directly send us deposit and set the amount to be sent when you are filling the online reservation form and choose PayPal as your payment method. If you do not have PayPal account, please contact us for bank account information and possibility of wire transfer.
We accept payment Credit Card byBOOK THIS TOUR